Vodder® Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- Heavy legs
- Water retention
- Improvement of the general condition of the skin (wrinkles, acne, rosacea, etc.) through detoxification
- Cellulite control and stretch mark prevention
- Menstrual disorders (painful periods)
- Sports injuries causing edema (sprains, fractures, etc.)
- Postoperative edema in dentistry
- Postoperative edema in rhinoplasty and general plastic surgery
- Improved wound healing
- Improved general health
The Effects of MLD
Water, the vital element of our body…
Our body is made of 70% liquid. Water, the basis of our life, ensures the interaction, as well as the molecular and cellular exchanges of our body.
In the human body, the lymphatic system carries lymph (water, proteins, fat molecules, free cells, and waste products) from the extremities of the body towards the neck, to discharge it into the blood system.
The intent of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD), according to Dr. Vodder’s method, is to positively influence the liquid body substance.
By moving the skin over its underlying tissue in circular motions, with light pressure that gradually increase and decrease, the technique promotes cleansing, detoxification and decongestion of connective tissue and lymph nodes.